The Downtown Victoria Business Association is governed by a board composed of up to 12 private-sector directors, and one appointed non-voting member from the City of Victoria, who acts as our liaison. As a business-led not-for-profit, it’s the Board of Directors who provide strategic direction and leadership to the DVBA. Our Chief Executive Officer, Jeff Bray, along with a small, specialized in-house team, manages the implementation of the DVBA’s marketing, promotions, events and community engagement, and business improvement goals.
OUR BOARD MEMBERS REPRESENT DOWNTOWN
As prescribed by our by-laws, each director of the Board is elected for a two-year period. To ensure we represent our downtown Victoria business stakeholders the Board is always composed of individuals who represent:
- Small (premises less than 300 square metres) independent retailers
- Large (premises more than 300 square metres) retailers
- Hoteliers operating within the downtown precinct
- Service providers
- Restaurant/entertainment operators
- Property owners or managers
PARTICIPATE AND SERVE ON OUR WORKING COMMITTEES
We have three working committees that include at least one Board member and other volunteers from the downtown Victoria business community.
These committees are:
- Marketing – Chair, Stef Hartwig
- Culture and Events – Chair to be chosen at next meeting
- Clean and Safe – Chair currently vacant.
If you are interested in participating and serving on one of DVBA’s working committees, please reach out to email@example.com.