Compensation will be commensurate with experience
The Downtown Victoria Business Association (DVBA) is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team. In this role, you will lead and implement all communications for the DVBA. The successful candidate will be part of a team that takes great pride working on behalf of more than 1,500 members to promote the vibrancy of Downtown Victoria.
Employment Description and Expectations
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all aspects of the marketing strategy and its corresponding budget including traditional and non-traditional media, public relations, social media and membership engagement activities. This work is done in the context of the corporate Mission and Vision of the DVBA. The Marketing Manger reports to the Executive Director.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for coordinating activities related to marketing, communications and public relations.
- Hours of work are based on a standard full-time work week, but on occasion may require overtime and/or holiday work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinating all communications, public relations, and membership engagement activities.
- Creating photo and video assets to use in the DVBA’s communication efforts.
- Developing various print and web products using InDesign/Illustrator that support the Downtown Victoria brand.
- Overseeing all aspects of the DVBA’s digital strategy including writing and editing content for the DVBA’ s social media channels, blogs, press releases, and newsletters.
- Managing Downtown Victoria’s digital advertising and Google AdWords account.
- Acting as editor-in-chief of the website including producing content and maintaining the events calendar.
- Executing media monitoring on behalf of the DVBA.
- Developing working relationships with industry and community peers by actively networking.
- Managing contractors related to marketing and communications programs
- Researching and preparing entries for awards and recognition of DVBA initiatives.
- Taking the lead in the writing of the annual Marketing work plan and budget, and the monthly monitoring of expenditures to ensure financial resources are utilized in the most fiscally responsible manner.
- Working collaboratively with the DVBA’s Arts & Culture Manager to provide marketing support to DVBA events.
- Reporting and working together with the DVBA’s Marketing Committee on a monthly basis to strategize on marketing programs.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years working in a similar field.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Sound knowledge of the Adobe InDesign Suite and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of photography and videography
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills with a solution focused approach to challenges
- Experience using website content management software (CMS)
- Experience using Hootsuite, Iconosquare and Facebook Ads
- Strategic and tactical background in social media marketing development and outreach (blogs, social networks, posts, video sharing sites, etc)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three relevant samples of your work by January 18, 2019. Applications can be submitted by email to Jeff@downtownvictoria.ca. No walk-ins or phone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.