SEEKING AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR OR SMALL AGENCY FOR HOLIDAY PROMOTION
Work from home (or your office) as our content/digital marketing specialist for downtown Victoria Government Street businesses.
Does this sound like you?
Do you create and/or curate GREAT content? Do you know how to drive mouse clicks and eyeballs? The Downtown Victoria Business Association in partnership with the Government Street businesses is seeking an independent social media marketer (or small, boutique social media agency) for the upcoming holiday season (Winter 2019).
What we need:
In this role you will be the lead in driving Greater Victoria residents to visit Government Street businesses and entice them to shop, eat, and play over the fast-approaching holiday season. Your sense of storytelling and your knowledge of the downtown Victoria retail landscape will help you immensely in this role.
Through your downtown Victoria community building, holiday promotion, and online contesting your digital/social media content will ultimately showcase the beauty, diversity, and vibrancy of Government Street. In this role, you will connect with trendsetters and publicize Government Street’s value proposition and unique offerings.
What’s in it for you?
The benefits to working as the term-limited contract content/digital marketing specialist for our Government Street merchants:
- Flexible scheduling – your time is your own, if digital marketing campaign and business objectives/targets are met
- Opportunities to build meaningful relationships with Government Street businesses
- Bragging rights (as the first content/digital marketing specialist) for Government Street
What you bring to this term-limited contract:
- Experience with the downtown Victoria business community (retail and hospitality sectors)
- Ability generate compelling content
- Knowledge of analytics and how to drive online engagement
- Experience with Facebook/Instagram ads and online contesting
- Proven track record demonstrating knowledge of how to build and engage an audience across new Government Street focused social channels
- Fantastic engaging writing (social posts)
- Graphic design, photos, and video capabilities when appropriate (infographics, Instagram, Facebook videos, and stories)
- The tools/platforms you need to effectively launch this social media campaigns (e.g., Canva, Buffer, Rafflecopter, Strutta, etc.)
- 2 – 3 years proven digital content/creation experience
Please submit your proposal/workplan for this term-limited contract as soon as possible. We will begin evaluating proposals immediately and hope to have a contract finalized by the first week of September. Include in your proposal examples of online content you have created in the past. Also, please list a brief explanation of the first three pieces of content (assuming you will need to launch new social media platforms for Government Street) you would create and why. Send your proposal/workplan, along with a bit about who you are to: email@example.com.
Job Type: Contract – term-limited, $3,500 for the duration of the contract (September through December).
What is the Holiday Campaign?
We are anticipating that this social media campaign will run for three weeks in December 2019. For success, Government Street merchants needs a social media presence with an established following. Therefore, creating and populating social media pages, and gaining followers, should begin well in advance of the actual promotion. The contractor will begin working in September/October, curating the social media pages and developing a followership. The contractor will continue to work on the campaign through to completion. The campaign will be a photo contest, where people capture and share photos of themselves enjoying the holiday season on Government Street, tagging businesses, and using predetermined hashtags. Prize winners will be announced weekly, with prizes donated from the participating Government Street businesses.