July 11 – 16, 2017
Times Vary – full festival schedule to follow
The Downtown Victoria Buskers Festival is a free six-day family friendly community festival. Starting Tuesday, July 11 until Sunday, July 16, Victoria will become a hub of busking talent with performers coming from far and wide – with a good dose of some home-grown local talent thrown in! Dotted around the downtown core will be “Pitch Stop” pop-up locations where buskers will entertain and inspire.
Pitch Stops across Downtown Victoria include Ship Point (Main Festival Site), The Bay Centre, Market Square, Bastion Square, Millie’s Lane (opposite Agrius Restaurant) & CRD Square.
The Downtown Victoria Buskers Festival is committed to being a low impact festival. Full recycling, water refill stations, and bike parking will be available at our main Ship Point Pitch Stop. Help us create green power by jumping on the bike powered sound system at the Market Square pitch stop – helmets not required!
Down at Ship Point, you will not only get to enjoy world-class entertainment and iconic water views but also enjoy some delicious food from some top-notch local food trucks; Greek on The Street, Indecent Risotto, L’Authetique and Puerto Vallarta Amigos Mexican Food with Driftwood Brewery and Lemon Heaven serving up some delightful summer beverages.
The Downtown Victoria Buskers Festival is presented by the Downtown Victoria Business Association along with supporting partners Tourism Victoria, Greater Victoria Harbour Agency, and the Hotel Association of Greater Victoria.
There is still time to show your support for this great community festival. Contact Ian Piears, Cultural Outreach Manager, email@example.com for more information.
We are looking for some fun, hardworking and friendly people to join our volunteer team for the Downtown Victoria Buskers Festival.
We have a variety of opportunities for everyone to get involved. The festival runs for six days (July 11th – 16th) and shifts start at just four hours long, although we would love to see you for longer!
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
HEADLINER (TEAM LEADER)
The time commitment for this role is a minimum of 8 hours throughout the whole festival (July 11th-July 16th). This role will require you to:
- Lead, assist and encourage your team members in a friendly manner, spreading positive energy
- Be committed and organized
- Take over other volunteer roles as needed
- Keeping track of the volunteer time sheet (hours, shifts, schedule)
- Report any issues to Ian or Juliana
- Listen to your team members and report any conflicts to festival staff
This position requires standing and walking as well as a few other tasks:
- Welcome guests and provide direction
- Roam around the downtown core and festival area to provide information about the festival to the public
- Distribute program guides
- Help with crowd control and safety aspects of the festival
- Report any suspicious behaviour to staff or team leaders
- Help with other tasks as needed
For more information please email: email@example.com
PRODUCTION & ARTIST SUPPORT
This position requires heavy lifting and standing as well as a few other tasks:
- Provide all artist a warm welcome
- Setup and tear down equipment as needed
- Move artist equipment from one stage to another
- Oversee activities at designated stages
- Report any delays or issues to a staff member
- Liaise with performers and help as needed
- Report any minor issues to the team leaders
This position might require you to bike for long(ish) periods of time as well as a few other tasks:
- Let the public know about our sustainability plan and our bike powered stage
- Engage with the public and encourage them to try out our bike
- Jump into another volunteer role as needed and on the bike if no public does
- Provide information about the festival to the public
This position requires a lot of walking and standing as well as a few other tasks:
- Help the public sort out their waste into the designated recycling bins and keep the recycling stations tidy
- Keep the festival ground areas waste free
- Make sure stage areas are clean
- Empty waste and recycling bins around stages
- Let the public know about our sustainability plan in your recycling station and in other festival grounds
- Provide the public with information about the festival
This position requires a Serving it Right certification and a recent criminal record check as well as a few other tasks:
- Check ID + do wristbands
- Serve and sell alcoholic beverages to the public
- Assist with setup and takedown of vendor products/equipment
- Process cash and credit card transactions accurately
- Sell Downtown Victoria merchandise as needed
- Provide festival direction and information to guests