Come work with us!
Marketing Manager (POsting now closed)
Temporary Full-Time (parental leave)
Commences Jan 8, 2018
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Downtown Victoria is looking for a temporary Marketing Manager to join the team. In this role, you will lead and implement all communications for the Downtown Victoria Business Association. The successful candidate will be part of a team that takes great pride working on behalf of more than 800 members to promote the vibrancy of Downtown Victoria.
Employment Description and Expectations
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing and branding strategy initiatives and for helping to develop the corresponding budgets. This work is done in the context of the corporate vision and mission at the direction of the Executive Director.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for coordinating activities related to marketing, communications, public relations, and membership engagement as directed by the Executive Director.
- Hours of work are based on a standard full-time work week, but on occasion may require overtime and/or holiday work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinating all communications, public relations, and membership engagement activities.
- Creating photo and video assets to use in the DVBA’s communication efforts.
- Develop various print and web products using InDesign/Illustrator that support the Downtown Victoria brand.
- Writing and editing content including social media posts, blogs, press releases,
- Executing media monitoring on behalf of the DVBA.
- Managing Downtown Victoria’s website, advertising, social media accounts,
Google AdWords account, and events calendar.
- Establishing relationships with business members. Stimulate and grow stakeholder participation, encouraging stakeholders to work together on marketing initiatives.
- Managing the festival and event sponsorship program, presenting opportunities to the Marketing Committee, and overseeing related sponsorship contracts and obligations.
- Developing working relationships with industry and community peers by actively networking.
- Managing contract employees related to marketing and communications programs.
- Researching and preparing entries for awards and recognition of DVBA initiatives.
- Assisting the Executive Director and Treasurer with writing the annual Marketing work plan and budget, and the monthly monitoring of expenditures to ensure financial resources are utilized in the most fiscally responsible manner.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years working in a similar field.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Sound knowledge of the Adobe InDesign Suite and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of photography and videography
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
This posting is now closed. Applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted shortly. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.