Each year, the Food Eco District (FED) hosts a summer party to raise funds for and awareness about urban agriculture, sustainable dining, and food education. Find out what to expect from this year's event on September 4, 2019 (hint: lots of tacos!)
The “Get FED Harvest Fiesta” will bring together delicious food, beverages, and music, all with a Latin/Mexican twist. Using produce bound for the compost bin and vegetables deemed too ‘ugly’ to sell, local chefs will compete in a taco cook-off!
What to expect:
- Taste FED’s very own ‘Vancouver Island Margarita’
- Dance (or just listen) to live Flamenco music
- Uncover great items at the silent auction from organizations like Eagle Wing Tours, the Royal BC Museum and Clipper Vacations
- Learn about food waste, how it impacts food security here on Vancouver Island and ways we can support our local farmers
- Eat scrumptious tacos created by local chefs just for this event!
Tickets: $35 (first drink and all food included) – buy your ticket(s) here
Date: Wednesday, September 4th
Time: 5 – 9 pm
Location: Fort Common Courtyard (1017 Blanshard St.)
What is FED?
The Food Eco District (FED) is a local non-profit that is working to create the first sustainable dining district in Canada – a vibrant and distinct neighbourhood in Victoria’s downtown core. The District is fast becoming a destination for sustainable food, full of amazing eateries and a growing number of edible gardens. By partnering with the finest restaurants in the district and beyond, FED is planting food, eating local, and growing a movement. Read our blog post on Holly, FED’s Project Manager, for more information about the organization.
What would you be supporting?
All proceeds will go towards maintaining our many edible gardens around town so that we can continue to beautify our streets and inspire more urban agriculture in the city and beyond!