Contact Accuracy Surveyor
The DVBA is looking to hire a Contact Accuracy Surveyor to review and update the BIA’s existing contact database and to add new businesses due to a boundary expansion. As a member-based organization, communication with business owners and managers is essential. Yet it has consistently proven difficult to maintain our contact lists on an ongoing basis. The Contact Accuracy Surveyor’s role fills this essential gap, helping the DVBA connect with new businesses in the core to further our mission to nurture and promote the vibrancy and vitality of Downtown Victoria and its business community.
Are you looking for something different? If you think you’d enjoy working with a business-led, non-profit association that’s comprised of a small team of high-performing, professional, friendly colleagues who are passionate about all things downtown Victoria, then this role is for you!
To effectively support our businesses, the DVBA needs to be able to communicate with them on several levels. We require contact names, emails, and telephone numbers so we can reach out to individual businesses; we also need to encourage businesses to subscribe to our Business News e-newsletter so they get information in a timely way. Although we have an existing database with roughly 1,300 businesses represented within, most of the information has not been confirmed or updated over the past few years. Additionally, an expansion of our boundaries means that a great many new businesses need to be completely added to our records.
Areas of responsibility:
As our Contact Accuracy Surveyor, your workload may include:
- Outreach to business owners and managers throughout the downtown
- Travel throughout the downtown to verify and update data
- Updating of our online database/CRM
- Communication of DVBA programs and purpose to businesses
- Sharing information about new businesses and new additions with marketing staff.
You will gain real world skills in communication through a variety of mediums, customer relationship maintenance, time-management, and database maintenance. In this role, you will be communicating and interacting directly with downtown business owners and managers, as well as business employees.
To be successful in this role, you are:
- Well-organized and outstanding at managing your own time
- Outgoing and confident, as you will be interacting with many new people
- Comfortable with walking long distances throughout the course of the day
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working with various online programs
- Energetic, willing to learn, a team player, and not afraid to ask questions
- Resourceful, and someone who likes to solve problems
- Willing to provide administrative support to get the job done.
Please submit your (no more than two page) resume and SHORT cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fine print:
This job is for an estimated 35 hours a week. Some weekend and evening hours will likely be required to fill database gaps. We pay bi-weekly, by direct deposit. Hourly rate: $22
This competition closes: 12 noon on Monday, June 6th
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.