We have been working with the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce and the City of Victoria to ensure there is a regularly updated website containing business-related information on federal, provincial, and municipal programs pertaining to COVID-19.
This page also contains links to the Chamber of Commerce Job Board (for workers able to fill a need or employers in need of temporary employees)
Visit the page here: https://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/business/covid-19-business-resources.html
COVID-19 and the DVBA:
We are working to support our members, the businesses of Downtown Victoria, during these challenging times. Our main message to the larger community is to check in with their favourite businesses virtually to learn how they can best support them. We urge businesses to take a minute to update your information online: on all social media accounts, on your business website, and your Google Business listing; communicate the changes you would like customers to understand.
Additionally, tag us in your post so we can help share your messages/updates:
- Instagram: @downtownvictoriabc
- Facebook: @downtownvictoria
Our main means of reaching out to businesses has been our Business Buzz e-newsletter. However, we want to make sure every downtown business has access, even if we don’t have your current email address. Links to newsletters starting March 13, 2020 are below.
- March 13: COVID-19 and Downtown Victoria
- March 17: IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- March 20: COVID-19: Resources and Updates Just For You
- March 23: From the DVBA: *Check your junk folder*
- March 24: COVID-19: What you need to know
- March 25: COVID-19 Updates for DVBA Members
- March 27: COVID-19: Updates for Businesses
- April 1: COVID-19: Are You Open For Business?
If you would like to receive these newsletters by email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your email address.
Letters of Support:
We are also continuing to collaborate with our partners at Destination Greater Victoria and the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce to request federal action to support our local businesses.
- Letters March 16, 2020 and March 19, 2020 to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the Honourable Bill Morneau, and the Honourable Mona Fortier.
- Letter March 26, 2020 to the Honourable Lisa Beare and the Honourable Carole James.
- Op-Ed in the Times Colonist from March 29, 2020.
- Letter to Minister Mike Farnworth re. security March 31, 2020
#YYJLocalsforLocals – Free marketing and web support for your business:
A group of 70+ tech and marketing Volunteers have joined together to offer pro-bono support for small businesses in Victoria – helping retail businesses digitally transform to retain revenue in the face of social distancing. YYjLocalsforLocals.com offers services that any small business in the area can request through the website.