“Use Your Time Wisely” by Jacob La Rocque-Wall: Art Workshop at theDock
November 22 @ 5:40 pm - 8:00 pm| $15
Welcome to Jacob La Rocque-Wall’s second art workshop with theDock! Come prepared to discuss and engage in different forms of expression in art.
The flow of activity is as follows:
- An opening group discussion to collaboratively set the session’s theme;
- Still-life drawing, broken into three parts ;
- Writing, which is broken into three sections as well: Stream of Consciousness, Description of Drawings/Scenes, and Lyricism;
- A period of group collaging with the produced pieces;
- And, a culminatory sharing period
Jacob La Rocque-Wall
Jacob, (he/they) is a seasoned artist and musician from Vancouver Island who wishes to share some practices and philosophies. His musical performance at House of Jimbo was called, “…a huge success”, just now, from the mouths of adorers. His ‘zine w/ the Good Food Network was a similar story. His tenure at art school was not as similar, but was full of lessons and methods learned.
Jacob now works as an art-assistant with the Disability Alliance of Victoria, and hopes to continue teaching and creating forever.
We respectfully acknowledge that we are located on the unceded territories of the Lekwungen-speaking peoples, now known as the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations.
We seek to honour and uphold these ongoing relationships to the land and its stewards as I live, learn and work on these territories.