Beeswax Candle Making Workshop
November 9 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on November 9, 2022 at 6:00 pm
This is a NEW Starlite Soap Studio workshop!
During this two-hour workshop, we will work with 100% pure beeswax, a natural, renewable resource. Beeswax candles emit a bright, healthful light within the same spectrum as the sun, generating negative ions that clean the air and invigorate the body. Beeswax burns longer, drips less, and smells wonderful, naturally.
Although we have not finalized the details, we intend to make most of our beeswax candles using 100% pure natural beeswax in its natural yellow colour and scent, as well as one or two candles using de-aromatized white beeswax, allowing us to use some colour and scent.
Participants in this workshop will make:
– four hand-dipped beeswax tapers (natural beeswax colour)
– several small molded candles (pinecone, beehive, votive)
– two travel tin container candles
– two jam jar candles with added colour and scent, if desired.
Candle-making is safe and fun! Hundreds of people have enjoyed our soy candle workshops and we are sure hundreds more will love to learn about beeswax!
- Maximum 6 participants.
- This is an adult-oriented workshop, not usually recommended or suitable for children under the age of 15.
- We suggest you arrive about 5 minutes prior to the posted workshop start time.
- The workshop runs for approximately 2 hours.
- The workshop is held within The Good Planet Company at 764 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C. (between Douglas & Blanchard)
WHAT TO WEAR:
Come as you are! We are using hot wax, but there is a minimal chance of splashes.